VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The second of four defendants charged in the death of 9-year old Cameron Hoopingarner is heading to prison.
Cameron died in Feb. of 2017 at Union Hospital weighing only 15 pounds.
Chad Kraemer pleaded guilty to three counts of neglect of a dependent and also admitted to failing to report Cameron's condition to authorities.
Kraemer faced three counts of neglect because besides Cameron, Kraemer's own two children tested positive for methamphetamine.
Kraemer will spend five years in prison followed by two years of in home detention and formal probation.
Kraemer will appeal his sentence.
- One of four arrested in connection to starvation case sentenced
- A third person admits some guilt after a nine-year-old was found dead from starvation
- Four arrested in connection to child neglect case in Clay County
- Police Chief Plasse: Recent shots fired cases connected to drugs
- Suspect arrested in connection with October shooting in Terre Haute
- Suspect arrested in connection to vehicle fires in Terre Haute
- Vincennes man arrested in connection to armed robbery at restaurant
- 51-year-old arrested in connection to California wildfire
- Indiana man who pleaded guilty in terrorism-related case sentenced
- Forum connects voters to candidates