VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Paying for your child's school lunch could get easier in Vigo county.
The Vigo County School Corporation Board of Trustees recently approved a program that allows parents to pay online.
Board President Jacqueline Lower says the new program will allow parents to see an accurate account balance whenever they need.
She says there have been issues because students will run out of money in their lunch accounts. Lower says she thinks the new system will help parents and the district.
"We have heard from parents that they will send money with their child for lunch and many times it is not spent for lunch and so we're trying to cover that absence there."
Lower says parents will easily be able to pay for their child's school lunch online and the resource should be active in time for next school year.
- New program allows parents to pay for school lunch online
- Parental Controls: Discussing online safety through parental apps, monitoring
- Lunch assistance program information for this summer released
- Online Public Inspection File
- Lunch helps family of fallen officer
- Apprenticeship program open to high school grads
- Scammers target seniors online during tax season
- Should schools be required to tell parents about bullying?
- Majority of Hoosier parents say kids are safe at school
- Event planned to help parents with pre-school costs