VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Girl Scouts new leader made a stop in Vigo County on Monday.
Danielle Shockey was named the Girl Scouts new chief executive officer in January.
Her resume serving Hoosier children spans more than 20 years. Her trip to town focused on her goals for the organization as well as findings from a recent Girl Scout impact study.
"I hope that we can continue to find those niches of troop types that are needs for our girls in our communities and grow those,” Shockey explained. “There are already a lot of great things, I just hope to continue that tradition."
Some key findings from the Girl Scout impact study are included here, including grades, graduation rates and careers in STEM fields.
To look at the complete study, or learn more about the Girl Scouts, click here!
- New Girl Scouts leader makes a stop in Terre Haute
- Girl Scout leader saves baby's life
- Well-known illusionist makes a stop in Terre Haute
- Shoe Bus receives grant, make stop at Terre Haute school
- U.S. Senator makes stop in Terre Haute, talks drug addiction
- Terre Haute North vs Terre Haute South
- Terre Haute's Coke mural making big progress
- Local teen leaves Girl Scouts, joins Boy Scouts
- Precision Mechanical Terre Haute
- Girl Scout Cookie season is here!