Illinois State Senator Dale Righter (R - Mattoon) provided to News 10 a list of 215 new or revised state laws that are now in effect with the arrival of 2018.
The General Assembly chose to extend the state's RICO Act (Illinois Street Gang and Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Law) by 5 years.
A new law prohibits any daycare that receives state funding or is licensed by the state to expell any child. However, it does put into place steps for what it calls "planned transitions" for children who exhibit poor behavior.
Another new law allows for EMS to transport a police dog injured in the line of duty to a veterinary clinic as long as no people are in need of transport.
- More than 200 laws now in effect in Illinois
- Illinois Bicentennial Celebration to honor 200 veterans
- Activists seek injunction against Illinois abortion law
- New CBD Oil Law takes effect July 1st
- Illinois group hopes to pass child custody law
- Christian group files US complaint on Illinois abortion law
- Comparing Illinois and Indiana Gun Laws: Possession and Purchase
- Comparing Illinois and Indiana Gun Law: Handgun Carry
- Harvest Emergency in Illinois
- Around 200 gather for citywide cleanup