MARTIN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Wabash Valley Sheriff's Deputy found himself on the wrong side of the law.
News 10 has learned 33-year-old Danny Salmon of Loogootee faces charges of dealing a controlled substance and theft.
He turned himself into sheriff's deputies Friday evening.
Police say the investigation shows Salmon dealt hydrocodone on multiple occasions in 2017.
We reached out to Martin County Sheriff Travis Roush for a comment.
He says this is an unfortunate situation.
He went on to say it's a blow to not only his department but to the community as well.
Due to the nature of this case, the sheriff said he reached out to Indiana State Police to help with the investigation.
Salmon has bonded out of jail and resigned from his position from the Martin County Sheriff's Department.
- Martin County Sheriff's Deputy arrested on drug charges
- One arrested after pursuit in Martin County
- Vermillion Co. Deputies arrest man on trespassing and drug charges
- Four arrested on drug charges in Parke County
- Four arrested in Daviess County on drug charges
- Suspect arrested on drug charges in Edgar County
- Several arrested on drug charges in Clinton
- Cayuga man arrested, facing drug charges
- Power restored in Daviess and Martin counties
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office looking for reserve deputies