MARSHALL, Ill. (WTHI) - A major grant could help develop housing in Marshall, Illinois.
The city held a public hearing on Monday evening on the Community Development Block Grant.
People could learn about the project and voice their opinions.
The city says it intends to apply for a grant worth $500,000.
It would be used for housing rehabilitation.
City officials plan to apply in December.
- Marshall hoping for grant that could help develop housing
- Marshall to receive housing grant
- Marshall, Illinois Casey General Store granted liquor license
- Marshall Chamber of Commerce holds open house
- Grant to fund development of Illinois off-road vehicle trail
- Grant money helps students develop workforce skills through technology
- New grant hopes to keep kids off of drugs
- White House Communications Director Hope Hicks resigning
- Ducks for hunger, housing, and hope
- Illinois State Fire Marshal announces $2.2 million in grants for fire safety