PARIS, Ill. (WTHI) - An investigation continues after a man was killed crossing the highway in Illinois.
Around mid-day on Tuesday police say 69-year-old Robert Peebles was attempting to cross Route 1 near the 2000 block of South Main in Paris.
That's when Peebles stopped in the turn lane and reportedly fell into the path of a vehicle. Peebles was taken to Paris Community Hospital where he died from his injuries.
No citations were issued.
- Man killed after hit by vehicle in Paris, Illinois
- Accident shuts down Paris, Illinois road
- UPDATE: Boil order in Paris, Illinois lifted
- Worker patching potholes hit, critically injured by vehicle in Illinois
- Hope House in the works in Paris, Illinois
- Paris, Illinois charity one step closer to helping homeless teens
- Uber self-driving vehicle hits, kills pedestrian in Arizona
- Floodwaters hit peak in Paris, now threaten Normandy
- Grant to fund development of Illinois off-road vehicle trail
- Harvest Emergency in Illinois