VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A local man could be sentenced after pleading guilty to killing his girlfriend.
David Tackett pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter and robbery charges Wednesday. His murder case had been set for trial this coming week.
Court documents say Tackett shot Kylee Tabor in the head back in June of 2017. Police found Tabor's body in a garage behind a house.
Investigators say they learned the two had been fighting earlier.
The judge took Tackett’s plea agreement under advisement. If it's accepted, Tackett will be sentenced March 5th.
News 10 will continue to follow this case.
- Local man could be sentenced for killing girlfriend
- Man guilty of killing girlfriend sentenced to 26 years in prison
- PD: Man assaulted, strangled pregnant girlfriend
- Man Uses Billboard To Propose To Girlfriend
- Man allegedly assaulted girlfriend over video games
- Man proposes to girlfriend while being arrested
- Judge upholds local man's murder sentence
- Jury convicts man for road rage shooting that killed 19-year-old taking girlfriend home from ultrasound
- Deputies: man arrested after setting ex-girlfriend's car on fire
- Pistorius' sentence more than doubled; slain girlfriend's family calls it 'justice'