WABASH VALLEY (WTHI) - Of course in order to vote in any election you must be registered to vote!
The best place to register is by logging onto Indiana Voters website. All you need is your valid Indiana driver's license or state-issued ID card. Click here for the website.
"It's the easiest way there is to get registered,” explained Vada Long, with Vigo County Voter Registration. “And even if you think you are registered, but you're not sure, it so easy just to go on that webpage and send us a registration to make sure you are registered."
The deadline to register in Indiana is April 9 and the deadline in Illinois is Feb. 20. Although, grace period voting takes place between the deadline and the primary, which is March 20.
That's where you may register and vote on the same day at your county courthouse. Check with your county clerk for more information.
- Make sure you're registered to vote for upcoming elections!
- Last day to register to vote for primary election, League of Women Voters educating community
- "Text to Register to Vote" allows Hoosiers to register on their smart phones
- Register to vote in Indiana with this new app
- Campaigns signs popping up, register to vote now
- 20 percent of Indiana’s 4.4 million registered voters cast a vote in the May 8 Primary Election
- Indiana voters still have time to register
- Election board faces issues on voting centers
- Carrier delays, reduces upcoming Indianapolis layoffs
- INDOT prepares for upcoming winter weather