VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - Two local veterans received special recognition this weekend.
That's with the Quilts of Valor in Southern Indiana.
The non-profit group honors men and women who have served our country.
Staff Sgt. Corbin Lee Doades and his son, Specialist Corbin Michael Doades received quilts on Saturday.
Organizers say it'sabout giving back to those who fought for our freedom.
"Ee are honoring our veterans through these quilts," said Kay Miller, Quilts of Valor, "and as long as they've had an honorable discharge, or have served honorably, we are trying to honor as many as we possibly can."
The group hopes to continue to honor those who have served all across Southern Indiana.
- Local veterans honored for service in Southern Indiana
- Brick placement ceremony honors local veterans
- Ride To Remember honors local veterans in the Wabash Valley
- Local was hero to receive Indiana's highest honor
- Volunteers needed to help honor fallen Veterans
- Clean up event helps honor fallen veterans
- Group works to honor female veterans
- Illinois Bicentennial Celebration to honor 200 veterans
- Southern Indiana recovers from afternoon storms
- Southern Indiana sees more venomous black widows