TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI A local hospital received a new honor on Thursday.
Terre Haute Regional Hospital received what's called the Primary Stroke Center Certification.
The certification means the third party, The American Stroke Association has reviewed Regional's practices and said you will get consistent care when it comes to strokes.
Hospital leaders say time is the most important thing when it comes to strokes.
The sooner a patient is treated, the better chance of survival and living a normal life.
- Local hospital receives top honors for stroke care
- Local Girl Scout receives top honors
- Local couple receives Rotary Club honor
- Local was hero to receive Indiana's highest honor
- Wabash Valley school receives national honors
- Holocaust survivor Kor receiving DePauw University honor
- Wabash Valley airport earns top honors
- The nation has a shortage of IV bags; What are local hospitals doing to provide care?
- Union Hospital/Union Health officially make deal with Care Source
- Prince heirs sue Illinois hospital over care during overdose