CLINTON, Ind. (WTHI) - A local girl's wish is granted!
Trinity Rector is from Clinton, Indiana.
She was diagnosed with bone cancer about a year ago.
Thanks to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, she's preparing for a special trip to Alaska. After coming close to getting her leg amputated, Make-A-Wish bumped her up on the list.
Sunday, friends and family gathered to give her a special send-off before her big trip.
"I've been wanting to go zip lining so bad," said Trinity, "So hopefully I get to do that!"
Trinity will leave for Alaska in a few days. She'll be gone for almost a week.
- Local girl gets special send-off ahead of Make-A-Wish trip
- Knox county child makes a wish
- Bottles of Wish Bone salad dressing recalled
- Local vets honored with special picnic
- 3-year-old Indiana girl dies in hot car after trip to church
- Local Girl Scout receives top honors
- Two rescued dogs hit the sky to make the trip from Terre Haute to Wisconsin
- 'I'm ready for it' Sullivan County graduates headed to the military, community organize special send-off
- Thomas Markle wishes he had walked daughter down the aisle
- Local woman honored for making history