VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Families across Indiana are spreading their important message, by dancing!
That’s by participating in a flash mob and the “Random Rocks of Kindness” campaign. This is happening on World Down Syndrome Day in a few weeks.
Flash mobs will be going on all over the state. That’s in Indianapolis, Muncie, West Lafayette and right here in Terre Haute at the Happiness Bag.
Now, all you need to do is go online to learn the dance.
Dixie Russell is one of the organizers.
When talking about the dance, she says, "It's about 2, 2 1/2 minutes long - not very long. And there's a second video that shows the dance moves with the actual music. People can practice at home with their families and then show up the day of the event, join with everybody else and do the dance!"
If you would like to help spread awareness for down syndrome you can learn and watch the dance that will be performed all over the state. Just click here for the video.
And then mark your calendars for Wednesday, March 21.
Be sure to go to the Happiness Bag in Terre Haute at 6 p.m. for the dance and celebration. The dance will take place around 6:21 p.m. that evening.
For more information on how to support Down Syndrome Indiana click here.
However, that’s not the only way you can show your support for down syndrome and help out your community. Nearly 250 Buddy Walks take place around the world, and volunteers are needed now to prepare for the one right here in Terre Haute!
The first ever Buddy Walk was held last year. Organizers raised more than $16,000. It’s a one-mile advocacy walk and because of this event Down Syndrome Indiana can provide educational resources and parent support networks.
They need your help to have another successful year. This year, the walk is happening on May 5. Volunteers of all ages are welcome.
To sign up to volunteer click here.
Contact Katelynn Herrick by calling 812-240-5951 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn a dance or take a walk for Down Syndrome Indiana
- Group breaks into dance to mark World Down Syndrome Day
- What Is Holiday Heart Syndrome?
- Research for "The Cute Syndrome"
- Indiana agency collects data on withdrawal syndrome in newborns
- Dance Marathon raises money for children at Indiana hospital
- THPD enforce dance permit ordinance
- Next Gerber baby will be a boy with Down syndrome
- Dance Dance Revolution: City Council to consider changes to dance permit ordinance
- Community joins together to help dance academy