VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - A gas leak in Vincennes led to an evacuation.
That's according to the Vincennes Fire Department.
The reported leak was on Upper 11th Street near Riley Elementary School.
It happened around 11:00 Thursday morning.
Students from Riley were bused to the nearby Washington Christian Center, while residents were evacuated from their homes.
Vectren Energy located the leak and made repairs to the main.
The all-clear was given for people to return to their homes just before noon.
- Knox County gas leak leads to school evacuation
- Knox County burn ban lifted
- Knox County prepares for primaries
- Gas leak forces parts of Ohio Street to close
- School renovation projects on track in Knox County
- Knox County burn ban affects local campers
- Knox County Sheriffs Department gets new equiptment
- One woman dead after Knox County fire
- Man charged with arson in Knox County
- Knox County Council readjusts Pantheon agreement