LAWRENCE COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - Police need your help tracking down the driver accused of leaving the scene of a crash.
It happened Saturday afternoon, just before 3:30. It happened on Old route 50, just east of County Road 1620 E Lawrence County.
Illinois State Police say two vehicles were going east on Old Route 50. Police say a black car was passing a white Ford, driven by Samantha Jo Smith, 35, Princeton.
Officials say the black car did not finish passing and cut in front Smith's vehicle. Police say that's when Smith lost control of the car and skid sideways before going off the roadway, striking a ditch on the south side.
Police say Smith's vehicle overturned multiple times before landing upside down in a field. Officials say Smith was ejected from the vehicle.
Smith was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital before being transferred to IU Hospital in Bloomington, Indiana.
Officials say the driver of the black car drove off without stopping.
At this time, there is no other information for the black car or its driver. If you have any information, you can call the Illinois State Police District 12 at 217-347-2711.
- Illinois police looking for suspect accused of leaving scene of crash
- Volunteer firefighter killed at crash scene
- Neighbors Kept DUI Suspect from Leaving After Crash Killed Toddler
- Mayor says NJ school bus crash scene 'horrific'
- Terre Haute man arrested after police say he left the scene of a crash
- Harvest Emergency in Illinois
- Illinois beats ISU women
- Illinois man accused of sexual abuse receives higher charges
- Mom of Illinois school shooting suspect says he was bullied
- Truck driver arrested after leaving the scene of an accident in Vermillion County