TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - People across the Wabash Valley paid their respects to veterans on Friday.
One of the biggest celebrations happened at Indiana State University.
It took place at the Hulman Memorial Student Union.
Things began with a somber wreath-laying ceremony.
This is where the school honored those military men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice.
They also passed out yellow ribbons and green lights.
These are national symbols meant to pay respect to the armed forces.
ISU President Daniel Bradley was a large part of the ceremony.
He, himself is a veteran.
During the ceremony, officials read the names of students, faculty, and alumni who have served.
- ISU pays tribute to local veterans
- Jazz concert pays tribute to legendary group
- New exhibit pays tribute to Colton Murray
- Monday night concert pays tribute to "The Dream"
- First Friday pays tribute to service men and women
- Billy Graham, ‘America’s Pastor,’ to lie in honor at Capitol as political leaders pay tribute
- ISU Celebrates Founders Day
- ISU holds public auction
- ISU students team up with local group for community project
- Local kids take part in acting camp at ISU