TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Indiana State University is hoping to do its part to save the planet this Earth Day!
Next week, ISU will be collecting plastic bags.
Anyone in the community is invited to bring bags.
Students will be making "plarn" or plastic yarn out of the bags.
A local church will turn the plarn into blankets.
It is a way to help the homeless in Terre Haute.
The event will be in the Stalker Quad on Wednesday, April 18th.
- ISU Earth Day event hopes to help the homeless
- ISU hosts Earth Day events
- ISU Celebrates Founders Day
- ISU students hold Bowling and Voting Event
- Fresh Thyme celebrates Earth Day with community
- Organizers see success in Earth Day celebration
- ISU fraternity going homeless to help people in need
- Hundreds of trees ready for new homes this Earth Day
- ISU holds public auction
- People are hopeful for Air Show's return following event's last day