TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - An overnight fire has been ruled suspicious and police have issued a Silver Alert for the homeowner.
The fire was reported around 12:30 Monday morning at 2351 Second Avenue in Terre Haute.
Firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the basement.
There was no one home at the time but Terre Haute Arson Investigator stated Monday morning that the woman who lived in the house had been reported missing by family last week.
Then on Monday afternoon a Silver Alert was declared for Alice Oswald. She is a 77-year-old white female, 5 feet 3 inches tall, 120 pounds, gray hair, and blue eyes.
Oswald was last seen Nov. 9 around 2:30 p.m. driving a burgundy 2014 Honda CRV with Indiana plate UJN699. Terre Haute Police report she could be in extreme danger and may require medical attention.
News 10 will continue to follow this story and bring you the latest when information becomes available.
- Overnight fire on Second Avenue 'suspicious'; Silver Alert issued for homeowner
- Suspicious: Officials investigate 8th Avenue fire
- Silver Alert issued for missing Bedford man
- Silver Alert issued for Greene County man
- Indiana Silver Alert Declared
- Dogs alert homeowner to fire in garage
- State wide Silver Alert issued for Greene County man
- LOCATED: Silver Alert issued for missing Lafayette man
- Silver Alert cancelled for Miami County woman
- Silver Alert continues, police need your help