MATTOON, Ill. (WTHI) - A judge continued a hearing scheduled for Friday for the teen accused of the Mattoon High School shooting.
The court rescheduled the boy's next hearing for Feb. 15.
You may recall the Sept. 20 shooting inside the Mattoon High School cafeteria that left one student hospitalized.
At the suspect's last hearing, the suspect has been seeing a psychiatrist. We were told the psychiatrist will testify at the next hearing.
Dr. Lawrence Jeckel will offer his recommendations as to where the boy should receive mental health treatment as his case proceeds.
- Hearing for Mattoon High School shooting suspect rescheduled
- Mattoon High School teaming up with law enforcement to discuss emergency response to recent shooting
- Mattoon 15-year-old accused in school shooting has new court date set
- More time: Boy involved in Mattoon HS shooting will receive more mental health evaluations
- Defense will ask judge to move accused Mattoon school shooter to a different facility
- State files motion to potentially sentences Mattoon school shooter as an adult
- "...you don’t really think. You just react." Mattoon H.S. teacher speaks for the first time after shooting
- Illinois Democrats ask high court to hear Blagojevich appeal
- Local High School Students go high tech
- Hugs, tears and police: High school reopens after shooting