GREENE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Overcrowding will soon be fixed at one Wabash Valley jail!
Greene County Commissioners say they will break ground on the new jail next Thursday. This is a $16 million project.
Commissioners say they plan to add on to the current jail. This will create 200 more beds at the facility.
Commissioners say they expect to house inmates from nearby counties due to the high demand for jail space.
The jail should be complete by spring of 2019.
- Greene County to break ground on new jail
- Ground breaks on $15.6 million Greene County Jail project
- Bloomfield pool breaks ground on renovation project
- Catholic Charities breaks ground on new building
- Daviess County ready to break ground on new annex facility
- Crews break ground on new pool in Marshall, Illinois
- Crews break ground on new hotel at Crane Technology Park
- 6th annual 'Made in Greene County' event
- Silver Alert issued for Greene County man
- Greene County murder trial on-going