TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) -The Fork in the Road crew is continuing their journey to find healthy selections at some of their favorite places to eat.
And for this stop, they headed back to a well-known ‘haunt’ to Delish Café in Terre Haute.
The crew has been there multiple times, the double delish, the tenderloin, etc. But this time, they were there for the chicken gyros and a side of fruit.
But the question was, would this meal pass the standards of Sarah James from Nutrition to Grow.
"We decide to make a chicken gyro, it's a grilled chicken with very little seasoning put on a pita bread, salad and onions and tomato,” explained Senka Delich, Delish Café. “A little bit of feta cheese, because a little bit of feta cheese goes a long way because it's so flavorful."
The crew was pleasantly surprised by the dish, especially the sauce and the fruit.
"It had lots of vegetables on it, it had a healthy protein source which was the chicken, and it had a whole grain source which was the pita it came on,” Sarah said. “And then tons of color coming from fruit as well so actually she hit all the marks really."
And don’t worry, if you are wanting to try this dish at Delish Café, it will now be a regular on their menu. For more information on Delish Café, check out their Facebook!
- Fork in the Road Healthy edition: Delish Cafe
- Fork in the Road: Gingersnaps Coffee House and Cafe
- Fork in the Road: The Hitchin Post
- Fork in the Road: Taste Terre Haute
- Fork in the Road: Wheel House Donuts
- Fork in the Road: Honeysuckle Hill Beestro
- Fork in the Road: Syd's Place
- Final Fork: Charlie's
- Fork in the Road: Backstreet Pizza in Sullivan
- 2016 Fork in the Road Final Four: Pappy's BBQ