TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - In this time of sadness, here's something that will make you smile.
We first told you about Officer Rob Pitts' five-year-old son Dakota earlier this week, when he had a message for his dad.
On Tuesday, Terre Haute Police Chief John Plasse presented Dakota with his own official Terre Haute Police Department badge.
Bill Sheldon with the Steet Crimes Unit shared these photos with us.
Officer Pitts was also on the Street Crimes Unit.
The badge, which was Officer Pitts', has been framed as a family keepsake.
- Five-year-old Dakota Pitts presented with a badge, in honor of his father
- Five-year-old Dakota Pitts returns to school, 70 officers on hand to welcome him
- Portraits of Valor: Philly LEO honors Officer Pitts
- Up to the Challenge: THPD Chief John Plasse working to help five-year-old Dakota Pitts build his challenge coin collection
- Father and son show support to THPD and family of Officer Pitts
- Photos: Remembering Officer Rob Pitts
- Vigil to honor Officer Rob Pitts scheduled for Sunday in Sullivan
- Indiana Blood Center starts blood drive in honor of Officer Pitts
- Duke Energy sets up display with bucket trucks honoring Officer Pitts
- Proposal to rename road to honor Officer Pitts to go before city council