TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A local family welcomed 2018 with a new baby Monday!
Baby Owen was born just before 10:00 a.m. at Union Hospital in Terre Haute.
He is one of the first babies to be born in the city this year.
News 10 talked to his mom, Rebecca Cox later in the afternoon.
She told us Owen weighs six pounds, seven ounces.
Rebecca says this isn't exactly how she planned to spend the new year.
Owen has two siblings who are excited to meet him!
- Family celebrates birth at local hospital on News Year's Day
- Little ones celebrate the new year with family friendly event
- Local Masonic group celebrates 100 years
- ISU Celebrates Founders Day
- Local radio station celebrates new beginnings
- Craft bazaar celebrates 13th year
- Community celebrates local historical figures speech after 100 years
- 73 years free, Eva Kor celebrates liberation day
- Local woman gives birth at home during snow storm
- Celebration honors adoptive and foster families