TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - We have new details in a shooting that claimed the life of a Terre Haute man.
20-year-old Dylan Morgan appeared before Judge Roach on Thursday morning to face formal charges.
Police say he is responsible for killing 18-year-old Gage Eup at a home on Cleveland Avenue on Sunday morning.
Morgan now faces charges of murder, reckless homicide, altering the scene of a death, obstruction of justice, possession of marijuana, and illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage.
Morgan remains behind bars on no bond.
A jury trial has been set for January 28th.
Police say Morgan originally reported that Eup shot himself.
Police say Morgan pointed the gun at Eup, and it went off.
Officials say drugs and alcohol were involved.
Sabrei Neace, another suspect in the case, is preliminarily charged with obstruction of justice and maintaining a common nuisance.
She will face a judge next week.
- Dylan Morgan's charges upped to murder after a weekend shooting
- Police investigate five weekend shootings
- Marley hears his fate for murder charge
- Man arrested for International Village Apartments shooting now facing murder charge
- Girl Scouts team up for a weekend pet adoption event
- Set-up underway for this weekend's Special Olympics games
- LOOK UP: Perseid Meteor Shower Peaks This Weekend
- Five arrested over the weekend in Vincennes on drug charges
- 11 killed and nearly 70 wounded in Chicago weekend shootings
- Police release name of weekend Cleveland Ave. shooting victim