TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A big dinner and auction will help local kids.
We're talking about the Larry Schopmeyer Memorial Dinner and Auction.
It benefits The Terre Haute Boys and Girls Club.
There were several items up for grabs.
People enjoyed dinner, along with live entertainment by the Terre Haute North Choir.
Boys and Girls Club members say they're moved by the community's support.
"Often times you have children who really need places like the club because it is a safe place for the kids who generally can't afford it.even though it is a minimal cost. We provide scholarships with these kinds of funds to help cover that," Dr. Brittney Millspaugh-Storms said.
The club offers many activities for area kids, along with after-school programs.
- Dinner helps raise money for Boys and Girls Club
- Fundraiser helps raise money for local robotic club
- Boys and Girls Club CPO Resigns
- Boys and Girl Club has a new interim director
- Boys and Girls Club summer camp kicks off
- Art and Supply Drive hopes to help local Boys and Girls Club
- Local 5th grader raises money to help kids battling cancer
- Noon Optimist Club serves up dinner for a good cause
- Business raises money for autism awareness
- Terre Haute Boys and Girls Club making the holiday season bright