CHICAGO (AP) - Illinois residents are being reminded that if they need health insurance coverage for next year they must register by Friday night.
The Illinois Department of Insurance says it is issuing the reminder because people may not understand that they can no longer change their plans in January after receiving their first premium bill.
The department says people looking to purchase insurance should visit GetCovered.Illinois.Gov to view individual plans offered both on and off the exchange. It also says the connector tool on the website will allow people to arrange appointments with navigators and certified application counselors.
Consumers with questions or hoping to sign up for a plan over the phone may request to speak to a licensed insurance agent by calling 866-311-1119 on weekdays from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Deadline for health insurance coverage coming up Friday
- Health insurance open enrollment starts November 1
- USPS holiday shipping deadlines
- 2017 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- Olney passes ordinance on 5G coverage
- Vigo County property tax deadline nearing
- Getting help signing up for Obamacare insurance
- New insurance location open in Terre Haute
- Children's insurance program receives only patchwork funding
- BBB: Beware of clickbait offering "exclusive" shooting coverage