MARSHALL, Ill. (WTHI) - A project two years in the making is starting to come to life.
The Marshall, Illinois pool committee held a groundbreaking for a new pool on Friday.
It'll replace the current facility which was built in 1956. The project adds a splash pad, water slides, climbing wall and more.
People in the community have a lot of memories at the old pool but now they're looking forward to making new ones!
"I knew it was going to be a difficult task but now that the day is here,” said Sara Tarble, co-chair. “Every sleepless night, every three hour meeting, all the worries have been so worth it because we are so excited to start building the pool!”
The committee is still collecting money for the project.
The city has already started removing parts of the old pool and a grand opening is set for the summer of 2019.
- Crews break ground on new pool in Marshall, Illinois
- Bloomfield pool breaks ground on renovation project
- Crews break ground on new hotel at Crane Technology Park
- Marshall city officials meet over pool costs
- Bidding for Marshall Pool moved back to December
- City of Marshall opens bids for new pool
- Marshall pool project one step closer to reality
- Navy grounds air crew that made vulgar drawing in sky
- Marshall, Illinois Casey General Store granted liquor license
- Illinois fire marshal offers safety tips for Thanksgiving