SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The court of appeals upheld the conviction and sentence of a Sullivan County man found guilty of murder.
In July of 2016, a jury convicted Johnus Orr in the murders of Tiffany Adams and her unborn child.
Orr appealed his case on several grounds, including insufficient evidence, as well as double jeopardy violations. A judge sentenced Orr to 120 years in prison.
The court of appeals said it upheld Orr's convictions and sentence given the nature of the crimes and Orr's character.
- Court denies Johnus Orr's appeal in murder case
- After sentenced to 120 years for murder, Johnus Orr awaiting decision on appeal
- Court of Appeals takes Fennell Case
- Supreme Court rejects administration appeal over immigration
- ISU hosts Indiana Court of Appeals
- Louisville must vacate basketball title, NCAA denies appeal
- Illinois Democrats ask high court to hear Blagojevich appeal
- Jury seated in Terre Haute murder case
- Indiana Supreme Court to see case about stopped train fines
- Man connected to the murder of Matt Luecking in court