VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The spotlight shined on several young women this weekend.
That's with the 59th annual Woman's Department Club Cotillion.
It's a tradition that honors high school women, their accomplishments and involvement within our community.
All participants represent Terre Haute North, South and West Vigo High School.
News 10's Susan Dinkel served as this year's emcee.
"Our organization focuses on service in our community as well as leadership," said Katelynn Moats-Liebermann, Woman's Department Club, "So we truly look forward to celebrating the accomplishments and achievements of the young women of our organization."
This year's class consisted 16 senior debutantes and 31 underclassmen maids.
- Cotillion highlights work of high school women in Vigo County
- Schools in Vigo County working to keep flu germs away
- ISU works to help Vigo County CASA
- Most memorable moments for Vigo County schools
- Work starts on Cook Road bridge in Vigo County
- Railroad crossing work creating a headache for Vigo County residents
- Hamilton Center and Vigo County schools to work on helping students at risk of suspension, expulsion
- School lawsuit on agenda for Vigo County School Board
- Vigo County's assessor speaks out after high assessments
- Wiley High School alums return for special dedication in Vigo County