TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A community garden could soon expand – thanks to cooperation between a Terre Haute church and county officials.
The Vigo County Commissioners assigned Tax Sale Certificates of a property area on Spruce Street to the Spruce Street Church.
The church will now look for all possible owners to see if they have an interest in keeping the property.
If not, the court could award the property outright to the church.
Church officials said they plan to use the property to expand its community garden.
- Church could get control of vacant property
- Purple Heart certificates found in vacant home
- Vacant house in West Terre Haute destroyed by overnight fire
- Under Armour teams up to revamp vacant spaces in Baltimore
- Vacant homes causing issues for the city of Brazil
- Sen. Kennedy: 'Idiot control,' not gun control, needed after Parkland
- Is Donald Trump losing control?
- Greencastle girls control West Vigo
- Cooper detangles Giuliani's damage control
- Vigo County property tax deadline nearing