CLAY COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Officials have released the cause of the fatal Meridian Towers fire that happened on Feb. 5 in Brazil.
News 10 Spoke with Brazil Fire Chief Jake Bennett. He says the cause of the fire was the apartment occupant smoking while using an oxygen machine.
The Clay County Coroner identified the victim was Elizabeth Thorpe.
Bennett says at this point, one of the injured residents is still receiving medical care in Indianapolis. He says the other injured resident has been released from the hospital.
- Brazil Chief releases cause of fatal Meridian Towers fire
- Residents return to Meridian Towers after fatal fire
- Coroner identifies victim of Meridian Tower fire
- One dead, two hurt after fire in Meridian Towers in Brazil
- More than 60 people forced from their homes in Brazil after fire at Meridian Towers
- 3 injured in Trump Tower fire
- Fire breaks out at Trump Tower
- URGENT - Senate panel releases Trump Tower meeting transcripts
- New documents released on 2016 Trump Tower meeting
- Crews battle fire at Brazil trucking company