ROCKVILLE, Ind. (WTHI)- CBD oil will be legal in Indiana beginning on July 1. It is a topic that has caused a lot of confusion and controversy.
Governor Eric Holcomb has signed a bill that officially allows the sales of CBD.
CBD is one of the two ingredients of Hemp- the cannabis plant. The other ingredient would be THC. This is the part of marijuana that would get you "high."
Lee Ann Brubeck has been using Hemp oil for about a month. She says it has soothed her medical condition.
"It takes enough of the edge off that you forget what its like to not be active and to be in that much pain," Brubeck said.
Brubeck has lupus. This means her immune system is basically attacking her own tissues. This causes her extreme pain to her joints.
Dr. Kristen Leatherman, a physical therapist, is the one who introduced Brubeck to CBD oil.
"People just need to do some more research on it," Leatherman said.
The hemp oil Leatherman uses at her office is called Zilis. It contains 0 percent THC and has been legal.
"There is no way to receive that psychoactive effect," she said.
She says she has seen tremendous results with patients who use this product.
"They cry," Leatherman said. "They are crying tears of joy because they are doing things that they never thought they would do again."
Leatherman says she is happy Indiana has now approved products of CBD that also have a low level of THC. She says combining THC with CBD is going to increase the positive affects patients have from this product.
"In a full spectrum hemp plant there is more than 400 compounds in the plant," Leatherman said. "When you use all of those together, you are going to see more of a therapuetic benefit then when using just CBD alone."
Leatherman says it is important to research. She says talk to your physican before making a decision to ensure that you are getting an organically grown, full spectrum hemp oil with CBD.
If you are interested in hemp oil, click here.
- CBD oil in high demand
- CBD oil will soon be legal in Indiana...but what does it do?
- Holcomb signs bill allowing Indiana sale of CBD oil
- Indiana doctor: Patients should be careful when buying CBD oil
- House unanimously passes bill to allow CBD oil sales
- New CBD Oil Law takes effect July 1st
- Indiana stores have 60 days to remove products with CBD oil
- Sunday alcohol sales now legal in Indiana
- Gov. Holcomb: Excise police to check retailers, issue warnings on CBD oil products for next 60 days
- Indiana Senate passes bill easing cannabis oil restrictions