TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - It takes a community to properly educate children.
That's why one local board stepped up to do its part.
The Vigo County Education Foundation held "Business for Bagels."
It took place at Lost Creek Elementary School in Terre Haute.
During the meeting, board members gave out more than $40,000 in grants to Vigo County schools.
Local businesses and community members helped contribute to those grants.
"Those grants will potentially impact near 9,000 students...which is 60 percent of the Vigo County School Corporation. It's a really big deal...we're grateful to our community," Jane Nichols, Executive Director of the Vigo County Foundation said.
Organizers say the money will help enrich the education of students.
- Business for Bagels event raises big money for Vigo County kids
- Business raises money for autism awareness
- Bowling for Kids event raises funds for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Wabash Valley
- Birthday event raises money in honor of murdered radio personality
- Vigo County YMCA celebrates Healthy Kids Day
- Local 5th grader raises money to help kids battling cancer
- Something sweet: kids learn business principles through nationwide event
- Vigo County road crews getting set for winter weather event
- National Day of Prayer events held in Vigo County
- Annual 5k event helps feed hungry students in Vigo County