HUTSONVILLE, Ind. (WTHI) - A body was found in the Wabash river.
Just after 9:00 Wednesday night, Sullivan County dispatch was alerted that a boater had found a man's body in the river, 2 1/2 miles south of State Road 154.
That's between Hutsonville, Illinois and Merom, Indiana.
Sullivan County Sheriff Clark Cottom says the body is an adult white male.
He says the body had clothes on and appeared to have been in the water less than 48 hours.
So far the sheriff is not releasing the identity or the cause of death.
An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday afternoon.
- Body found in Wabash river
- Man identified; Events leading up to body found in Wabash River
- Vincennes prepared for Wabash River after rainfall
- Police release identity on body found in river
- Woman and her dog found dead after the car they were in rolls into the Wabash River
- Autopsy completed for body found in pond
- VIDEO: Terre Haute fire investigator pulls distraught person from the edge of the Wabash River Bridge
- Wabash Valley town hopes for DNR grant to improve river experience
- More land along Wabash River to be protected for wildlife and recreation
- Event creeps into Wabash Valley