TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - An autopsy was performed with a positive id on Michael Reynolds on Wednesday morning.
Coroner Dr. Susan Amos said Reynolds died of multiple gunshot wounds.
We learned the fatal shots were fired by an Indiana State Police SWAT team.
ISP has three SWAT teams in the state.
A north, a central, and a south team.
The fatal shots were from the ISP south SWAT team.
"As the investigation continues over the coming days, maybe even the coming weeks, the ISP prides itself on being transparent and open, and I fully anticipate the names will be released at a later day," Sgt. Joe Watts said.
Right now, investigators are combing through many details.
Once they complete their work, their findings will be handed over to the Vigo County Prosecutor.
He will then take that information and add it to all of the evidence collected, and make a determination whether or not protocol and proper procedures were followed.
- Autopsy performed with positive ID on Michael Reynolds
- Autopsy complete; no positive identification on Sullivan County house fire victim
- Autopsy completed for body found in pond
- Police: Victim identified Avenue standoff shooter as Mikey Reynolds
- Police identify officers that fired fatal shots at Mikey Reynolds
- Autopsies complete for two women that died in weekend accident
- Autopsy reveals the cause of death for Greene County miner
- UPDATE: Autopsy results released for double shooting victim
- Coroner releases autopsy results for officer killed in shooting
- Man found dead at Knox County farm, autopsy scheduled