SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A 12-year-old female was arrested at 12:41 Tuesday morning after making online threats towards students and staff at Dugger-Union Community School.
Sullivan County Sheriff Clark Cottom says he, along with Deputy Eric Valdez and Dugger Town Marshal Justin Todd, worked through the evening sorting through tips.
Those tips helped track down the juvenile at a home in Shelburn.
Investigators believe the juvenile is responsible for writing and transmitting multiple threats via snapchat. Investigators did not find any weapons or credible means to carry out the threats.
The juvenile has been charged with intimidation and was taken to the Sullivan County Sheriffs Office.
She will then be taken to Southwest Juvenile Detention Center in Vincennes.
Sheriff Cottom says to ease minds, security were beefed up Tuesday at Dugger-Union Community School.
- Juvenile detained in connection with Sullivan County school threats
- Sullivan Co. juvenile detained after potential threat against other students
- Sullivan County Ambulance update
- Two juveniles facing charges in connection with old Lawrenceville High School fire
- Vigo County Juvenile Center getting upgrades
- Tractor stolen in Sullivan County
- Police still searching for suspect connected to Sullivan County bank robbery
- Sullivan County school receives donation to help finish library renovations
- Manhunt in Sullivan County for wanted man
- Sullivan County Humane Society receives $1,000 grant