WABASH VALLEY (WTHI) - A nationwide blood shortage continues. And the American Red Cross says the shortage is tied to winter weather.
Officials say more than 600 blood drives across the country have been canceled just this year!
They say they're short 17,500 donations nationwide and in Indiana alone they're short 1,400 donations!
To schedule your appointment to give the gift of life you have a couple options. Click here and search for a blood drive near you.
Or, you can pick-up the phone and call 1-800-Red Cross to schedule a donation.
- American Red Cross reports the nationwide blood shortage continues
- Community Spotlight: American Red Cross.
- Vigo County YMCA holds blood drive to help Red Cross
- Indiana continues to see teacher shortage amid drop in pay
- FDA anticipates EpiPen shortage
- Truck drivers prepare for nationwide ELD regulation
- Blood donors honored for World Blood Donor Day
- ISU hosts campus blood drive
- Something sweet: kids learn business principles through nationwide event
- Christmas tree shortage may cause price hike