TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) – Monday is the busiest day of the year for deliveries, according to the United States Postal Service.
This year, USPS in Terre Haute has a contract with Amazon. They say Amazon hauls in their trucks each morning. Within a matter of hours, the packages are loading on USPS trucks and are out the door to local neighborhoods.
Stephen Young, who is celebrating 30 years with USPS in Terre Haute says this new contract is doubling their packages.
“Normally we get around 25 packages a day. But we're getting over 100 right now,” said Young.
He and his fellow postal workers are working seven days a week until Christmas. Some people are even working on the holiday to get the job done.
“If you don't get a package, I know myself and I’m looking for it,” said Young. “You want to make sure it's not damaged. Usually I’ll go up, if I know the people are home, and knock on the door and hand it to them, along with their letter mail.”
To track a package, you can click here.
To redirect a package, you click here.
- Amazon partners with Terre Haute Post Office
- Now hiring! Post office holds Terre Haute job fair
- Terre Haute Chamber partners with surrounding communities in new partnership
- Jeep Junkies partner with PINK of Terre Haute to give away pink Jeep
- #ConfirmKavanaugh makes Terre Haute stop
- Terre Haute man arrested after fight with THPD officer
- Driver cited after Terre Haute crash ends in law office
- Terre Haute federal inmate sentenced for assaulting correctional officer
- Fallen Terre Haute Police Officer identified as Rob Pitts
- Community dinner helps support fallen Terre Haute Police Officer's family