VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - Some developers in Vincennes will have to deal with stricter landscaping rules.
The city council passed changes to an older ordinance on Monday night.
They impact people or companies with areas for vehicles.
The ordinance goes into place when someone applies for a building permit.
The council told us the rules require a tree for every four parking spaces.
That's in addition to a shrub for every parking spot and a grass island for every 16 parking spots.
The city's historic district has its own standards.
- A tree for every four parking spaces; Vincennes passes a new green ordinance
- Vincennes approves food truck ordinance
- Ordinance passes to establish merit board for Vincennes City Firefighters
- Olney passes Solar Farm ordinance
- Food truck ordinance proposed in Vincennes
- Vincennes city council tables food truck ordinance
- Vincennes city parks get WIFI
- Olney passes ordinance on 5G coverage
- Work begins on Aquatic Center parking spaces
- Local environmental leader, Trees Inc. founder, passes away