TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - We are learning more about the man police say is responsible for a four-hour standoff in Terre Haute.
That man is Christopher Blanton.
He's behind bars facing charges of criminal recklessness, pointing a firearm, and possession of methamphetamine.
The standoff happened on Oakland Avenue.
Terre Haute Police Chief John Plasse said Blanton fired a gun which led to the initial 9-1-1 call.
Witnesses told police they also saw Blanton pointing the gun at a victim.
When he refused to come out, officers stormed the house.
Plasse said they found Blanton hiding in the attic.
- New details released after Terre Haute standoff
- New details released after Owen County Standoff
- Leaf pick-up schedule released for West Terre Haute
- Timeline for closing Macy's in Terre Haute released
- Terre Haute Standoff: 1st Ave location scene of a 2013 murder
- #ConfirmKavanaugh makes Terre Haute stop
- New details released on Beau Monde property sale
- TIMELINE: Police release additional information in regards to missing Terre Haute woman
- Terre Haute Police release more information on Robert "Paulie" Olson's stolen car
- Sears releases closure list, did Terre Haute's store make the cut?