House fire under investigation in Terre Haute

It happened Sunday evening at a home on South Center Street.

Posted: Apr. 15, 2018 5:24 PM
Updated: Apr. 15, 2018 6:42 PM

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Fire officials are looking into what caused a house fire in Terre Haute.

It happened Sunday evening at a home on South Center Street.

The Terre Haute Fire Department told News 10 everyone made it out safely. However, some animals died.

Officials believe the fire may have started from the dryer, but that has not been confirmed as the cause. 

The fire is under investigation.

Article Comments

Terre Haute
Overcast
73° wxIcon
Hi: 79° Lo: 57°
Feels Like: 73°
Robinson
Overcast
70° wxIcon
Hi: 81° Lo: 57°
Feels Like: 70°
Indianapolis
Overcast
69° wxIcon
Hi: 77° Lo: 60°
Feels Like: 69°
Rockville
Overcast
73° wxIcon
Hi: 77° Lo: 55°
Feels Like: 73°
Casey
Broken Clouds
69° wxIcon
Hi: 79° Lo: 55°
Feels Like: 69°
Brazil
Overcast
73° wxIcon
Hi: 78° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 73°
Marshall
Overcast
73° wxIcon
Hi: 80° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 73°
Overnight Thundershowers
WTHI Planner
WTHI Temps

Latest Video

Image

Spotty morning rain...and then sun

Image

What's the difference between the different cloud types?

Image

Mayor's Ride a big success in Clay County

Image

Pancake Day coming this weekend

Image

Big Brothers, Big Sisters Meet and Greet Day

Image

Spencer Stone speaks at ISU

Image

ISU Candidate Forum

Image

Lafayette milling and pavement project

Image

Vigo County's jail is unconstitutional...now a judge is stepping in

Image

Walk-a-Mile event offers refugee simulation at ISU

WTHI Events