VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A report of a suspicious person at a Vigo County rest area lands one man behind bars.
It happened on Tuesday evening at the I-70 Welcome Center, near the Indiana/Illinois state line.
According to police, they responded to a report of a suspicious male in the restroom acting erratically.
Police found 28-year-old Ohio native Bryan Moreno near the vending machines.
When state troopers checked out the bathroom, they said they found multiple syringes in the stall Moreno was in.
That is when troopers searched his car.
Inside the car, police say they found about 84 grams of marijuana, about a half gram of meth, about a half a gram of heroin, 13 packages of Suboxone, and a handgun.
Moreno was arrested for possession of various types of drugs, carrying a handgun without a license, public intoxication, unlawful possession of a syringe, possession of paraphernalia, and maintaining a common nuisance.
- Ohio man arrested after police say he had drugs on him at Vigo Co. rest area
- Hymera man arrested, facing drug charges after police stop
- Crime Stoppers: Vigo County man wanted on drug charges
- Cayuga man arrested, facing drug charges
- Vigo County man already facing impersonation charge, arrested again
- Vigo County applying for funding to improve rural areas
- Stormy Daniels arrested at strip club in Ohio
- Vermillion Co. Deputies arrest man on trespassing and drug charges
- Wanted man arrested, police find stolen firearms
- Police arrest man suspected of Bloomingdale burglary