TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - As we enter construction season, crews are prepping for phase number two of a major project in Terre Haute.
Phase two of the 7th Street project was announced on Monday morning.
It's set to begin in April.
This phase will run from Hulman Street to just south of Wheeler.
Crews plan to remove the rails and ties underneath the road.
That's because of an old train and ties underneath the asphalt.
The entire street will need to be paved afterward.
Officials say the second part is not as complicated as the first phase of construction that happened last summer and fall.
It is expected to cost nearly $500,000.
- Second phase of 7th Street project set to begin soon
- Phase one on main street project begins
- Clinton wastewater project phase II begins along Main Street next week
- Road Closed: Construction begins on part of south 7th Street
- Tree arrives at Terre Haute's Miracle on 7th Street
- Miracle on 7th Street continues with Light Your Way parade
- Miracle on 7th Street presents checks to local charities
- 7th Street closure coming; here's what you need to know
- 7th Street construction costs jump nearly $100,000 after issue discovered
- Work begins on Hart street bridge