PUTNAM COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Indiana Conservation Officers report one man is dead in Putnam County after an accident between a truck and a bike.
Conservation Officers report Michael Gilham, 55 of Poland, was hit by an oncoming vehicle while riding a bike.
This accident happened just before 2 p.m. on Tuesday at the intersection of State Road 243 and County Road 1175 South.
When officers arrived at the accident, they found Gilham trapped under the truck. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Indiana Conservation Officers are currently investigating this incident and an autopsy is being a completed at 8 a.m. Wednesday at Regional Hospital in Terre Haute
- One man dead after accident between bike and truck in Putnam County
- One person dead after Putnam County crash
- Two hurt in Putnam County crash
- ISP believes fatigued driver the cause of single vehicle accident on I-70 in Putnam County
- Former Putnam County Deputy receives new sentence of 33 months
- Mushroom hunter finds skeletal remains in Putnam County
- More human skeletal remains found in Putnam County
- One dead in Wednesday afternoon Greene County accident
- One dead after accident in Vermilion County, Illinois
- Two dead after 4-wheeling accident in Knox County