WEST TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A West Terre Haute man faces charges after threatening to kill a woman and her children Thursday night, according to police.
Friday morning, the West Terre Haute Police Department took a report of a domestic battery. The reporting person said the incident happened Thursday night at a house on Lee Avenue in West Terre Haute.
Police say Cody Morris became angry after an argument and took the alleged female victim's phone. The female reported Morris then held a gun to her head and made threats to shoot her and her children.
The female told police Morris would not let her leave the house. As she took her children, she said Morris smashed her phone with a hammer, and then broke the house phone. The woman told police Morris physcially prevented her and the children from leaving the house.
Eventually, the woman said Morris let her leave with the children. Morris is accused of shutting off the power to the house, leaving the woman and children in the dark.
Officers obtained a warrant for Morris's arrest Friday afternoon. They arrested him in Terre Haute and took him to the Vigo County Jail. His bond was set at $50,000. He faces several charges including Domestic Battery, Criminal Confinement, and Intimidation with a Deadly Weapon.
- Police: Man faces charges after threatening to kill woman and children
- Police: Arrested Terre Haute man threatened to kill officers
- Rockville woman facing charges after hitting police vehicle
- Terre Haute man facing six charges after police report he strangled a woman
- Hymera man arrested, facing drug charges after police stop
- Former coach faces charges
- West Terre Haute man faces rape charges
- Cayuga man arrested, facing drug charges
- Police report man stole safe, threatened victim and punched officer
- Woman who worked in local schools facing child seduction charges