UPDATE 2/18/18 - Officials have confirmed the status of the man injured in Friday morning's accident.
Terre Haute Police Asst. Chief Shawn Keen says Shawn Chilton has died.
Keen says police were notified by the Marion County Coroner's Office.
An autopsy is scheduled for Monday. No further information has been released.
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Officials are investigating after an adult male was seriously injured in an accident with a dump truck on Friday morning.
Terre Haute Police report officers were called to the address of Misco of Terre Haute at 3600 N. 13th Street.
When they got there, police learned an adult male was seriously injured while operating a dump truck.
The male was taken to Union Hospital and then later flown to an Indianapolis hospital. At this time his current condition is unknown.
Right now officials are investigating how the incident happened.
- UPDATE: Officials confirm victim in truck accident has died
- Greene County man dies in mining accident
- Officials confirm 2 tornadoes from Tuesday's Indiana storms
- Sullivan County Coroner identifies victim of weekend truck fire
- Family remembers and town honors military training accident victim
- Sullivan County sheriff piecing together night of fire victim's accident
- Autopsies complete for two women that died in weekend accident
- Terre Haute man dies in Edgar County motorcycle accident
- Terre Haute man dies in Montgomery County construction accident
- Officials warn of possible hepatitis A outbreak in Indiana after dozens of confirmed cases