TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Terre Haute Firefighters Union is promoting a program called Close Before You Doze.
The idea of the campaign is simple: close the door to your bedroom before you go to sleep.
You may be asking why this message is so important?
Officials say it's because fires have become more dangerous than ever. They say between modern synthetic construction materials, furniture, and contemporary layouts of homes, a fire spreads and becomes toxic much faster.
Officials add a closed door can slow the spread of the fire. It can also reduce toxic smoke levels, improve oxygen levels, and lower temperatures dramatically.
Those are all factors that could make a life-saving difference in your home.
To check out more about the Close Before You Doze program, click here.
- Saving lives by closing doors
- Iconic gay night club Embers closing its doors in Portland
- 63 Sam's Club stores are closing their doors
- Democrats confront Kelly over DACA comments in closed-door meeting
- Supreme Court will meet behind closed doors Friday on DACA
- This gym is saving boxing and lives
- Teen's suicide inspires parents to save lives
- Student: Somebody's pushing on door
- Cabinet company ships 'warped' doors
- Donald Trump Jr. to talk to House Intelligence Committee behind closed doors