TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Meadows Shopping Center in Terre Haute has new owners.
Five local people closed on the sale with the Hulman family last Thursday.
The news hs both the new owners and the current tenants excited.
At one time, The Meadows was the premier place to shop in Terre Haute.
It has fallen on hard times over the last couple of decades or so, but the new owners say they see potential here.
In fact, since the change in ownership, the new owners have been receiving inquiries about how to lease space in the building.
Business owners that are already located in The Meadows are also excited.
"These five are very nice people, they really care about this community, and I really think they will work with the local people and get this place prosperous again," Pauline Cuvelier, the owner of Royal Manderian said.
The new owners, in particular, want to hear from non-profits who are looking for space to rent.
- The new owners of The Meadows hope to revitalize the ailing shopping plaza
- New partner talks Meadows Shopping Center plans
- Meadows Shopping Center booming with new business
- Wings Etc. coming to Plaza North Shopping Center
- New owners, new life? Here's what's happening at The Meadows
- Wiley High School Memorial Plaza dedication set for this weekend
- First Financial Bank partners to revitalize downtown Sullivan
- Taste of Clinton event to help revitalize city
- With new ownership, Meadows plans a grand reopening
- Stores hoping people keep shopping offer Cyber Monday deals