GREENUP, Ill. (WTHI) - Illinois State Police released information to us on a fatal crash overnight.
It happened Sunday afternoon just after 1:00 Illinois time.
Police were called to Illinois Route 130 at Cumberland County Road 500 North. That's just south of Greenup.
Police tell us the driver of a Chevy pickup lost control and crossed into the opposite lane.
That's when it was struck by a Chevy Silverado.
That caused both pickups to crash into a ditch.
The driver and passenger of the first pickup died at the scene. They have been identified as Jessica Shutts, 35, from Greenup, and Anthony Scheiner, 30, from Paris, Illinois.
An investigation continues.
- Two people die in Sunday afternoon crash
- 3 people die in a small plane crash in southeastern Indiana
- Afternoon crash sends one to the hospital
- Driver blames blown tire for Wednesday afternoon crash
- Police say no injuries in afternoon crash in Terre Haute
- Two hurt after Monday afternoon crash involving moped and SUV
- Two people arrested after crash near Clinton
- 3 people hit after crash during parade
- Three family members die in early morning fire
- How does a person actually die from the flu?