TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A man believes a space heater is to blame for a fire in his house Friday evening.
It happened just before 5:00 at a home on South 13th and a Half Street in Terre Haute.
News 10 talked with the homeowner.
The man says he smelled smoke.
After that, he found a space heater, and blankets on fire in a nearby room.
We're told that person did make it out safely.
The family's dogs were unaccounted for when we spoke to the homeowner.
Firefighters tell us the house is a complete loss.
- Homeowner thinks space heater to blame for Friday night fire
- Space heaters pose fire risks
- Space heaters could pose a fire risk
- Space heaters common cause of several recent fires, officials give safety tips
- Think "Green" this Christmas
- Propane tank heater explodes, catches fire at former ICON building in Terre Haute
- Crews respond to Friday night house fire in Terre Haute
- Teen charged after Friday night fatal crash
- Indiana Theatre gets musical on Friday night
- Art Spaces announces financial Pledge