Homeowner thinks space heater to blame for Friday night fire

It happened just before 5:00 at a home on South 13th and a Half Street in Terre Haute.

Posted: Nov. 10, 2017 5:21 PM
Updated: Nov. 10, 2017 6:51 PM

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A man believes a space heater is to blame for a fire in his house Friday evening.

It happened just before 5:00 at a home on South 13th and a Half Street in Terre Haute.

News 10 talked with the homeowner.

The man says he smelled smoke.

After that, he found a space heater, and blankets on fire in a nearby room.

We're told that person did make it out safely.

The family's dogs were unaccounted for when we spoke to the homeowner.

Firefighters tell us the house is a complete loss.

Article Comments

Terre Haute
Overcast
68° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 67°
Feels Like: 68°
Robinson
Overcast
72° wxIcon
Hi: 75° Lo: 66°
Feels Like: 72°
Indianapolis
Overcast
68° wxIcon
Hi: 71° Lo: 69°
Feels Like: 68°
Rockville
Overcast
68° wxIcon
Hi: 72° Lo: 67°
Feels Like: 68°
Casey
Overcast
67° wxIcon
Hi: 76° Lo: 67°
Feels Like: 67°
Brazil
Overcast
68° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 68°
Feels Like: 68°
Marshall
Overcast
68° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 66°
Feels Like: 68°
Showers and storms likely to start the week.
WTHI Planner
WTHI Temps

WTHI Events